- This event has passed.
Winds of change at sea – Event 20 July 2022
20 July, 2022 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This was our first ‘Winds of change at sea’ information evening, hosted by the Killiney Bay Community Council, Dalkey Community Council and Fair Seas.
This was an opportunity for locals to come together and be informed on important issues for our shoreline and marine environment.
- When: Wednesday 20 July – 19:30-21:00
- Where: Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killiney
Watch the event recording
- 19:30 – Welcome and introduction, Susan McDonnell, Dalkey Community Council
- 19:45 – Revitalising our seas, Areas of Interest (AOIs) for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) around the Irish Coast, Regina Classen, Fair Seas
- 20:15 – Q&A
- 20:30 – Is there a conflict with MPAs and offshore windfarm development, Seana Kevaney, Killiney Bay Community Council (KBCC) volunteer
- 20:45 – Q&A
- 21:00 – Closing of meeting
Offshore wind is to play a significant role in Ireland’s decarbonisation.
Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) need to be identified in Irish Waters to protect, conserve and restore our marine environment.
The ‘Revitalising our Seas‘ report by Fair Seas starts the conversation for communities to engage in the process of marine development.
Read about our second event in this series, held on 27 September.